Wilkins Architecture Design Planning, a 22-person design firm in central Nebraska focusing on the communities we serve. Founded in 1979, we specialize in producing creative forms and functional spaces, a place where we thrive in a collaborative environment to take our projects to their full potential. Our clients range from visionary superintendents to inspiring CEOs. Together we strive to create buildings, and spaces that embody thoughtful, boundary pushing design.
We listen, engage, and collaborate to not only produce great projects but also facilitate a cooperative process. People who create, problem solve, and motivate make this possible.
Now hiring for:
A Construction Administrator is comfortable with a variety of responsibilities aimed to support project managers and project architects with construction related matters including, but not limited to: construction site field observation, quality assurance/quality control, defending the firm’s contract documents and serving as the one of the primary facilitators for communication between project managers/architects, owner(s) and contractor(s). An optimistic and creative problem solver, you have strong communication skills, the ability to adapt, an eagerness to learn, and enjoy doing the following:
- Maintaining consistent internal communications with project managers and project architects to ensure the design team’s vision gets carried out in the construction;
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with all team members, owners, consultants and contractors;
- Assisting design team by reviewing contract documents by providing recommendations as to constructability and possible means to improve the communication of the design intent to the contractor/s;
- Performing frequent on-site field observations followed by documenting and developing field observation reports;
- Communicating when Proposal Requests, Architect’s Supplemental Instructions, or Change Orders are needed and ability to review / approve applications for payment;
- Participating in submittal review process/es; and
- Assisting with written and visual documentation of items to be completed and/or corrected “Punchlist” following construction completion.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- A bachelor’s degree with a major in construction management, engineering, or a closely related field from a college or university;
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in construction services, administrative support, contract administration, or construction project management;
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations;
- Strong knowledge of the construction industry and processes; and
- Excellent organization, time management, attention to detail, and communication skills.
What we offer:
Wilkins ADP provides a collaborative, creative, and flexible working environment with opportunities for growth and advancement. We offer the ability to work and connect remotely along with flexible scheduling. Our leadership team supports and encourages professional development learning opportunities and offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care and retirement contributions.
Interested applicants may email resumes to email@example.com, mail resumes to 2908 West 39th Street, Suite A, Kearney, NE 68845 or drop off resumes in person between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at our office.